Dread Locks Washing Tips Pt1.

Is my dreadlocks washable?

Yes, your dread is washable. You should wash your dread at least once or twice a week, but some wash  every three days.

Can I shampoo my dreadlocks?

Yes, you can shampoo your dreadlocks with a shampoo that leaves no residue behind. Some shampoo removes residues or doesn’t leave any residues behind, I strongly recommend DreadHead residue free shampoo. 

How often should I wash my dreadlocks?

You shouls wash your dreadlock 2-3 times a week to keep it neat and smell good. 

Must i stop washing my hair to make dreadlocks?

No wash your hair with shampoo nd leave it softer and dry

Do I have to use a different shampoo when I have dreadlocks?

Yes, you need to use a shampoo that leaves no residues behind in your hair and removes residues that are in your hair. The reason using this kind of shampoo is so important when you have dreadlocks is because dreadlocks like to hold stuff. 

When you have normal hair the residues are free to fall out and fall out while you are brushing your hair, but when you have dreadlocks you don’t brush your hair, and the hair isn’t free to let the residues fall out. So the residues begin to build up, and after a while, they can cause the dreadlocks to mould. The residues also lubricate the hair, so the knots can’t tighten as much as they could if there were no residues there. I recommend DreadHead residue free shampoo.

What should I look for in a good shampoo?

You should look for a shampoo that removes residues and doesn’t leave any of its own residues behind. The shampoo should have no scents because scents left in the hair are residues. I recommend DreadHead residue free shampoo.

What should I look for in a bad shampoo?

A shampoo that has scents, or conditioners is an enemy to dreadlocks. Stay away from these types of shampoos. What are residues? Residues are anything that is left behind in the hair by shampoos or any other products. Residues build up on the hairs and lubricate them, this slows down the dreadlocking process because the knots aren’t able to fully tighten. Residues can also build up and grow mould inside the dreadlocks.

 Why are some shampoos bad for dreadlocks?

Some shampoos are bad for dreadlocks because they leave residue behind in the dreadlocks.


Source:- Howtodread.com

Comments